Fresh Voices invites you to submit your work
Fresh Voices needs your essays and artwork!
Are you proud of essays you wrote in ENGL 102, 133, and/or 134?
Do you have original artwork?
Do you want thousands of students to see your work?
Do you want to tell future employers that you are PUBLISHED?
We also want original artwork! You may have created original work for a class, or perhaps you work on your own! We will consider anything: photographs, paintings, sculptures!
If your work is selected, you will be invited to attend the second-annual Fresh Voices Awards Reception where you will receive a free copy of the collection and a certificate of achievement!
What to Submit
Due by the Friday of finals in spring quarter
- Any work you completed in ENGL 133/134 OR ENGL 102 (profiles, analysis papers, persuasive arguments, visual essays, etc.). You may submit as many essays as you like!
- All citations. We will not consider work that that does not properly cite sources
- Your draft material (optional). (Consider submitting your drafts -- complete with instructor and/or peer comments – along with your final hard copy.)
- Original artwork.
- Permission to publish form: Hayden McNeil Student Writing Release Form (fillable PDF or Word .docx file)
How to Submit: Three Simple Steps
- Fill out the Permission to Publish Release Form.
- Email a copy of the form and your essay/artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “FV” in the subject line.
- Turn in hard copies of your work and the permission form to 47-35F OR to your instructor.
Essays must be received by the Friday of finals week in spring quarter to be considered for publication.
Please contact me if you have questions. The Fresh Voices Committee looks forward to reviewing your work!
Dr. Brenda Helmbrecht
Department of English
Director of Writing